The Body Mechanics
Board of Advisors
The following have agreed to form an expert subject matter Board of Advisors to assist the creative team develop quality product and ensure the integrity of the brand.
Tony Findlay (Chair)
– Creator of the Body Mechanics / Health and Fitness Entertainer. He has been involved in fitness and personal training for over 20+ years for thousands of clients through his Military career, involvement in the fitness industry, producing and hosting his own children’s health and fitness TV show, information websites and numerous media articles and TV appearances. Writer / Director of the Movie “Escape from OBEEZ CITY” and the partner Interactive DVD Game, he continues to develop content for the “Body Mechanics” brand.
Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD FACS
– As Cardiac Surgeon extraordinaire and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, Dr. Oz is one of the country’s leading voices for healthy living. A regular on Oprah, Dr. Oz is the co-author of several books, including the bestselling You: The Owner’s Manual. Officially, he is professor of surgery, vice-chairman of cardiovascular services, and medical director of both the Cardiovascular Institute and Integrative Medicine Programs at New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons. Dr. Oz is a graduate of Harvard University, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and the Wharton School of Business.
Dr. Francine R. Kaufman, MD
– Internationally-known authority on diabetes and obesity and the immediate past-president of the American Diabetes Association (2002-2003 term), she is Head, Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology and metabolism at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, and Professor of Pediatrics at the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California. The author of more than 150 medical articles, she has developed many important clinical innovations and is also a tireless public advocate. She has developed innovative programs for overweight and diabetic children and their families, served for more than twenty years as medical director of a summer camp for diabetic children, and was instrumental in banning the sale of soda in the LA Unified School District. Her many honors include the 2003 Woman of Valor Award from the American Diabetes Association.
Dr. Butch Rosser, MD FACS
– Director of AMTI, Chief of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center. Dr. Rosser’s research and development activities have been the subject of several documentaries featured on the Learning Channel, the CBS Morning Show, CNN, and the Discovery Channel. He has garnered three Smithsonian Awards for technical achievements in medicine. In the past four years he has been honored with the National Role Model Award from Minority Access, Inc., a citation by University of Mississippi for Pioneering Work in Surgery, the Charles Dew Health Award, and the 12th Living Legend in Medicine Award. His clinical expertise and extensive work in cutting edge medical training and research were recognized when he was featured in New York Magazine’s “The Best Doctors in New York” Hall of Fame 2002. As a result of his extensive research and teaching methods, Dr. Rosser was recently acknowledged with the Johnson & Johnson Special Leadership Recognition Award for Contributions in Laparoscopic Surgery, as well as the Ethicon Endoscopy Special Recognition in Surgical Education.
Professor Stephen Phillips
– Director of Education, Touro College Children’s Health Education Foundation. This foundation is a not-for-profit unit of the School of Education and Psychology, Graduate Division, with an academic and public health mission. As a health psychology practitioner, Professor Phillips has more than 20 years experience counseling individuals and families with eating disorders, obesity, and concomitant illnesses. At Touro College, he is a Professor of
Education in the School of Education and Psychology, Graduate Division.
Debra Lieberman, PhD
– Lecturer Department of Communication, Researcher Institute for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research (SIBER), University of California, Santa Barbara. Lieberman’s research focuses on the psychology and design of human-computer interaction, as well as processes of learning with interactive media, especially in the areas of health communication, interactive games for learning, and children’s media. Her clients have included Apple Computer, Disney, Kaiser Permanente, Knowledge Adventure, The Learning Company, Microsoft, Paramount Interactive, PBS, Pixar, Riverdeep, WebTV, and others.
Dr. Kristine Clark, PhD RD
– Penn State University, Director of Sports Nutrition for Athletic Department and Nutritionist for the United States Olympic women’s soccer team. Dr. Clark received her Masters degree in Health Education from The University of Wisconsin, and a B.S. degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from Viterbo College, LaCrosse, WI. She is the Past President of the American Dietetic Association’s practice group of Sports Nutritionists (SCAN).
Dr. Christopher Mohr, PhD, RD
- is a consultant to a number of media outlets and corporations including Discovery Health, Clif Bar, and Fit Fuel. Through his company Mohr Results, Inc., he works with all types of individuals from soccer moms to collegiate and professional athletes. He can be heard weekly on WHAS radio in Louisville and often appears on WHAS TV as a nutritional guest expert. He has authored or coauthored several textbooks and book chapters to be published in 2007, including a NY Times Bestselling book he consulted on with LL Cool J called “LL Cool J’s Platinum Workout.” He has written over 500 articles for consumer publications, such as Men’s Fitness, Weight Watchers, Men’s Health, and Fitness, to name a few. Dr. Mohr has Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Nutrition from the Pennsylvania State University and University of Massachusetts, respectively. He received his PhD in exercise physiology from the University of Pittsburgh, and is a Registered Dietitian and Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics.
Dr. Kara Gallagher, PhD FACSM
- is a nationally known educator in the area of weight loss, behavior change, and exercise and is the CEO of Mohr Results, Inc. Prior to Mohr Results, Dr. Gallagher was an assistant professor at the University of Louisville, and was the Assistant Director of the Physical Activity & Weight Management Research Center at the University of Pittsburgh. She regularly lectures around the country on the topic of behavior change and weight management, and is a regularly sought after expert source by national publications including the New York Times, Fitness, Health, Self, and more. Dr. Gallagher has been working in the area of weight control research for the past seven years and was recently named one of the top weight loss doctors in the country by Prevention Magazine. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from The Pennyslvania State University, and a Master of Science and PhD in Exercise Physiology from the University of Pittsburgh.
Felicia Stoler, MS RD
– New Host of TLC’s “Honey We’re Killing The Kids” (airing April 2007) As a registered dietitian, exercise physiologist, and expert consultant in nutrition and healthful living, Felicia Stoler specializes in integrating behavior modification and exercise strategies to influence positive outcomes for people. She offers strong credentials and expertise in health and wellness optimization. Stoler provides professional recommendations regarding nutrition/exercise, practical demonstrations and exercises to support current theory, and customized approaches to goal and action-plan development. She has delivered health/wellness programs and presentations for a wide range of corporations and organizations including Nike, ING NYC Marathon/ NY Road Runners Club, National Governors’ Association, Ovaltine, LesserEVil, +1.
Dr. John Spencer Ellis
- His fitness programs are implemented in the top resorts, spas and health clubs. John is the President of NESTA (National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association) and the Spencer Institute for Life Coaching. These two professional associations have 45,000 members in 30 countries. John is on the Advisory Boards of the National Health, Wellness and Prevention Congress, Exercise TV, Conference for Healthy Living, Irvine Valley College, Get America Fit Foundation, and is a Fellow of the National Board of Fitness Examiners. He is the author of "How Badly Do You Want It? - Your Ultimate Guide to Optimal Fitness," and a contributor to "Power of Champions." He created Adventure Boot Camp, the largest fitness boot camp program in the world. John has been featured or quoted in every major fitness publication. John has been featured on NBC, CBS, PBS, SPIKE, ESPN & Bravo. He serves as an on-air expert for Life & Leisure Television and Health Journal Television with General Norman Schwarzkopf. He is the producer and host of The OC Body on The Healthy Living Channel. John is a Nautilus sponsored athlete and stars in the workout DVDs Playground Boot Camp™ & Kung-Fu Fitness™. John created the fitness program used by the U.S. Secret Service and he consults to the UFC.
Continuing his professional education since 1987, he holds bachelors degrees in business and health science, an MBA, and a doctorate in education. He is currently completing a second doctorate in naturopathy. He has fifteen fitness based certifications including self-defense, fitness kick boxing, water fitness, exercise rehabilitation, Pilates, personal training, clinical hypnotherapy, sports hypnosis, PACE circuit training and yoga. He holds a 2nd degree black belt in kung-fu, has completed the Ironman triathlon, and finished 5th at the U.S. National Biathlon Championships. His medical training includes a license in radiological technology, a medical assisting certification, and training in McKenzie rehabilitation. John was nominated for the California Community College Distinguished Alumni Award.
Kelli Calabrese, MS CSCS
–2004 Personal Trainer of the Year. Kelli is a Clinical Exercise Physiologist and 20 year fitness industry leader. She is the author of Feminine, Firm & Fit – Building a Lean Strong Body in 12 Weeks. She is an international speaker, writer and media spokesperson. Kelli has owned and operated a chain of fitness centers and corporate fitness locations. She has attained 24 fitness, nutrition and lifestyle related certifications and is the editor of “Personal Fitness Professional” and “Wellness and Fitness Entrepreneur” magazines. She serves on the Board of Advisors for the Personal Trainer Business Alliance, The Get America Fit Foundation, Purdue University, iParenting and Family Energy Magazine. She is an Expert Fellow and Advisor for the National Board of Fitness Examiners. Kelli is on the board of advisors of Healthy Children’s Catalog and developed the curriculum for the Little Athletes program for Athletic Baby. Kelli is a Nautilus sponsored athlete and licensee of Adventure Boot Camp for Women.
Tammy Lakatos Shames RD, LD, CDN, CPT + Lyssie Lakatos RD, LD, CDN, CPT
– The Lakatos sisters are Cum Laude graduates of the University of Maryland and received their post-graduate degrees in Nutrition Education at Emory University and Meredith College. They are ACE-certified Personal Trainers and are members of the American Dietetic Association and its subgroups: The Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition group (SCAN), Nutritionist in Complimentary Care (NCC), and Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE). Tammy is the Director of Member Services for the American Dietetic Associations Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG. The twins are also members of The New York State Dietetic Association and the American Business Women’s Association.
Monica Montes, RD
- Co-founder of Pasadena, California’s N.E.W. Health-Salud Nueva, Inc., a consulting company that integrates the services of registered dietitians, massage therapists, and certified personal trainers. As a registered dietitian with a number of related specialties and certifications, Monica has a wealth of knowledge and experience in blending nutrition, exercise and wellness principles, and is one of the leading voices for healthy living in the Latino community.
Johanna Grabyn, BHSc (Nutritional Medicine)
– has been instrumental in the implementation of a nutritional diagnostic and support (counseling) program in Australia. She is a certified member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society and has been involved as a consultant in the education and awareness of nutritional supplements with major health food stores in Australia. She is also an Associate Member of the Nutrition Society in the United Kingdom. She is also working with Tony on his next book “Changing Habits – Saves Lives, Using the A.K.A. Method”.